Monday 3 March 2014

Berryz 10th anniversary Amazon campaign

So in commemoration of their 10th anniversary, Amazon is having a 3 day campaign starting March 3rd featuring Berryz Kobo. 
They're selling the 1st best of and 7 recommended songs by the members for 10 yen, and the other albums for 1000 yen.
Disclaimer that I'm not actually making any money off of this.

They also have several videos, which I'll try to summarise. I don't know if the site will continue to be maintained, so give them a watch while they're still there.

[Group video]
Captain starts with opening greetings.
Chinami remarks that their 2nd best-of album has gone on sale.
Momo continues on by mentioning about their 10th anniversary from their début, and thanking everyone.
Maasa then talks about the Amazon promotion in general and that 1st best-of album is on sale for 10 yen.
Miyabi specifies that there are 7 specific songs chosen by the members going for 10 yen.
Yurina notes that the old albums are also going for 1000 yen.
Risako closes off by asking you to take this chance and look up Berryz' works.

Then we have 7 videos of the members introducing the songs they had chosen.

Shimizu Saki "Sekai de Ichiban Taisetsu na Hito" (from Asian Celebration single)

Although all of us still haven't done a live performance of this song, it's a really cute song with lines like "Kuttsuki mottsuki daisuki" (I love sticking close to you) or "Ude no kekkan mo daisuki" (I even love the blood vessels on your arm). Since it's a song that really is packed with "Daisuki daisuki" (Love you love you), I think I want everyone to listen to this song and soothe their heart.


Tsugunaga Momoko "Momochi Yurushite-nyan ♡ Taisou / Momochi (Tsugunaga Momoko feat. Berryz Kobo) (from Cha Cha Sing)

Though I think there isn't much to talk about when it comes to the reason for choosing this song, it's a musical work that incorporates the phrase currently popular throughout Japan, "Yurushite-nyan," Momochi's first solo single. I think that just listening to this song will lift your spirits, and lead to a peaceful Japan, that's the kind of musical work it is!


Tokunaga Chinami "Aisuru Hito no Namae wo Nikki ni" (from album Dai 2 Seichouki)

The lyrics are really adorable, for some reason, when I listen to this song, it makes me want to start a diary. I recall that during those days, the moment I listened to this song, I'd start a diary on that very day, but after 3 days I wouldn't continue it, it's a song that I personally can't forget.



Sudo Maasa "Ground demo Rouka demo Medatsu Kimi" (from 6th Osakebi Album)

It's a song that I got to sing together with member Kumai Yurina-chan. I really love the lyrics and the tempo, I loved this song so much that I was willing to protest, "I want to sing this song!" when they recently asked what we wanted to sing while deciding on the setlist.



Natusyaki Miyabi "Aitai kedo..."  (from Munasawagi Scarlet)

It's the coupling song for our single 'Munasawagi Scarlet,' which went on sale on 2006. I got to sing this song solo in our first Budokan concert last year. I can recall very well how deeply moved I was when I got to sing this song. Everyone, make sure to listen to it!



Kumai Yurina "Renai Moyou" (from Ai no Album 8)

It's a song included in our 8th album 'Ai no Album 8.' The four people singing it are myself and Sugaya Risako-chan, and Sudo Maasa-chan and Tokunaga Chinami-chan. It's a ballad with really heart-rending and mature lyrics.




Sugaya Risako "Himitsu no U-ta-hi-me" (from 21-ji made no Cinderella)

The lyrics for this song are really adorable, I just love the places where it makes your heart skip a beat. It's a song that I got to sing this solo in our Budokan live performance in November last year, so it really left an impression. Everyone, please make sure to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment